PDS projects are capacity building activities developed during the first half of Professional Development Seminars (PDS). Groups established during the first session of the Seminar continue to work in together during the year-long inter-session period and present the results of their networking at the second session of the PDS. These activities are designed to develop proposal writing skills, encourage network building and to promote the application of the training provided to pressing real-world issues that have a significant global change dimension.
- Conservation strategies based on cattle ranchers’ perceptions of ecosystem services
- Servicios ecosistémicos y bienestar: una revisión de la literatura
- Ecosystem services and well-being: a literature review
- Analysis of the use and management of the mangrove ecosystem in Tumbes (Peru) and Esmeraldas (Ecuador)
- Sharing experiences in modeling of land use and cover changes to valuate likely impacts on environmental services related to carbon sequestration in the Guanacaste Conservation Area
- Ecosystem services: an assessment and economic valuation of carbon sequestration in the forests of the Guanacaste Conservation Area in Costa Rica
- Enabling conditions for legislation related to biodiversity and ecosystem services in Argentina, Bolivia and Costa Rica: a comparative study