- Meat production in dry forests
- Interdisciplinary Center for Responding to climate change and variability: science-policy and science-society linkages
During the past forty years, mankind has witnessed unimaginable progress in all science disciplines. However, the effective contribution of such progress to policy making remains relatively low. The CRN 3106 is developing some of the dimensions presented in the book, and facing the challenges posed by providing science information for informed policy.
- 3 publications to help small coffee growers face global change successfully
A booklet, a policy brief and a poster contain information on how to adapt to climate and global changes, good agricultural practices, certification and ecosystem services for small coffee producers
- A guide for designing interdisciplinary courses
- Soil Carbon: Science, management and policy for multiple benefits
This volume of 31 chapters brings together the essential evidence and policy opportunities regarding the global importance of soil carbon for sustaining Earth’s life support system for humanity. This book is a timely contribution that supports the 5 pillars of the Global Soil Partnership and the related activities of the 2015 International Year of Soils.
- Threat from the sky
- Rural land planning: concepts, methods and experiences
Editors: José M. Paruelo, Esteban G. Jobbágy, Pedro Laterra, Hernán Dieguez, M. Agustina García Collazo and Amalia Panizza
- Urban responses to climate change in Latin America
Editor: Roberto Sánchez Rodríguez
This book aims at providing useful reference to local, state and national authorities and planners as well as to a wide range of other urban stakeholders seeking to establish responses to climate change in urban areas of Latin America.
- The value of ecosystem services: Concepts, tools and applications in land planning
Concepts, tools and applications in territorial planning
Editors: Pedro Laterra, Esteban G. Jobbagy and José M. Paruelo
- Botany and Ecology of Monocotyledons in the Venezuelan Paramos
The cooperative research project CRN-040 studied the effects of global change on high mountains and the savanna.
- Climate change and biodiversity in the tropical Andes
Sponsored by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the IAI has conducted a 2 year assessment of the interactions between climate change and biodiversity in the tropical Andes, and of the regional capacities to address issues of research, mitigation and adaptation.
- Manual of Methods: Human, Ecological and Biophysical Dimensions of Tropical Dry Forests
Developed by the IAI Collaborative Research Network for the study of Tropical Dry Forests in the Americas, Editors: Jafet M. Nassar, Jon Paul Rodríguez, Arturo Sánchez-Azofeifa, Theresa Garvin, Mauricio Quesada.
- Atlas of the Patagonian Sea
The Patagonian Sea is a highly productive oceanic ecosystem in the South-Western Atlantic which is plentiful in species of high aesthetic, ecological and economic value.
- Applying ecological knowledge to landuse decisions
This book synthesizes the knowledge and experience of several of the IAI’s collaborative research networks on terrestrial ecosystems, forests, grasslands, agriculture and river margins, and explores how this may be used to guide decisions on landuse.
- Urbanization, Global Environmental Change, and Sustainable Development in Latin America
The present and future of Latin America is intrinsically associated with the development of its urban areas.
- Communicating global change science to society: an assessment and case studies
Governments and scientists may be equally concerned with global environmental change, but their interests – and their timelines – are not the same.